… for BUKS Journal of Child and Youth Cultures, vol. 66/2022
The recognition of the importance of play in childhood is deeply rooted in the Nordic research on child culture. At the same time, it is increasingly difficult to maintain the advocacy for play only driven by the participants alone without adult facilitation. At the BIN-Norden Conference in march 2021 it is will be explored how it is possible to design for play and a discussion initiated on how one can insist on the qualities of play from the perspective of all the participants including children.
In this issue of BUKS – Journal of Child and Youth Cultures, we invite researchers, designers and practitioners to continue the discussions initiated at the conference and through other projects locally, regionally and globally. The journal has always been a vibrant meeting place for the actual discussions on play and will continue to do so. In this issue we want to do this through describing and analyzing examples and formulating daring and far-reaching perspectives on this new situation, where play is back on the agenda as an important part of society, education and work. Many kinds of designers of play are more needed than ever to make play happen and many kinds of designers are more than welcome to contribute.
Your contribution can be peer-reviewed or not depending on your choosing. It can contain images, links and drawings as an important part of the text. The text can be delivered in English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. The written text is max. 5000 words plus references and a biography of no more than 200 words.
- Send an abstract of max. 600 words on the 6st of April 2021 to Helle Hovgaard Jørgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org and note if you want it peer-reviewed and if you intend to use images, etc.
- If accepted you get an answer on the 9th of April
- You send your finish text 25th of October 2021. You send the text to https://tidsskrift.dk/buks and follow the instructions here.
- Peer-review 14th of December 2021 – 17th of January 2022
- You edit your text 18th of January 2022 – 13th of March 2022
- Editorial remarks and minor changes: 14th of March 2022 – 8th of April 2022
- Published: 14th of June 2022